Sunday, January 10, 2010

This is a different Sunday because we didn't go to church. Curt has continued with bad cough & has some blood in it. Also he has been nauseated today, using oxygen more often etc. With the cold temperatures, we figured it best not to go out--plus our friend, Dr Lee, wouldn't like it if we did!

On Tue we started the process of registering him @ MD Anderson Cancer center here in Houston. Thur p.m. we got a call for an appointment for him on the 11th which is tomorrow at noon. We meet with a Dr at 1:00p.m. We anticipate that the Dr will have some plan for treatment, procedure or whatever at that time. Appreciate your prayers as those decisions will be made then we are assuming. Greg said he would be going with us so that is a great blessing. I think I am strong but admit I'm having some difficulty & would not want to go alone so thank God for kids! Grayson, Kate, Jack & Mary drove in for the weekend so was great to see them. Drove over 8 hrs to get here, stayed about 30 hrs then are headed back again now. Thanks for your prayers for safety for family too.

No doubt God is good & His mercies endure through all generation.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you and Curt were not able to go to church. Hope all works out at Center this week. Family is always a great medicine for whenever you are ill. I've been reading Job and while God does not directly answer why we sufffer, He does remind us in Isaiah that His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. You are prayed for daily,

    John Ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you but I keep up with Curt's progress via the web. Greg and Jana have been a great blessing to my family as we lost my husband almost 9 years ago. Met Greg in an airport a few months after his death and was able to tell him how much his song, "In the Waiting" meant to my husband (before his death) and our entire family. Our prayers are with you guys and we're believing God for a good report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're my cave to hide in, my cliff to climb. Be my safe leader, be my true mountain guide. Free me from hidden traps; I want to hide in you. I've put my life in your hands. You won't drop me, you'll never let me down." Ps. 31:3-5 MSG
    I pray you are lifted up today because of God's faithfulness to never drop you. Be strengthened in your spirit today.

    ReplyDelete