Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Curt taken to hospital

We were enjoying the week of Nov 15-20 at Disney World in FL with Grayson & family along with the family who made it possible. We were having a great time & even though Curt has a hard time walking, he was loving using the electric scooter & getting ahead of the rest of us etc!

Curt awakened in the night on Tue & said he had a hard time breathing. He stayed up awhile but came back to bed & was ready to GO again on Wed. Thur a.m. I thought he looked pale & asked if he wanted to stay in the room & I'd stay with him but he said he wanted to go to Animal Kingdom & enjoy it with the family. About noon I asked if we should go back to the room & he agreed. We barely got in the room & he began coughing & coughed up bright red blood. I called Dr Lee who was in the park & when she saw him she knew he needed to be seen so made calls & Grayson took him. They sent him to the local Florida Hospital Celebration where they did tests & found 3 masses, 2 in his right lung & third in same area. They felt that there was also a blood clot in the area.

Fri p.m. they air lifted him to their head hospital: Florida Hospital Orlando where he has been in intensive care ever since. There was a scraping done with report coming on Mon which they figured was inconclusive so they took a ct scan & went in with a needle to get a bigger biopsy yesterday (M0n) p.m. saying we'd get the results for that on Wed. This a.m. the Dr. said he put a rush on it & he hopes to get it back today.

Well, we got the phone call @ 3:25 from the Dr telling us that it is cancer. God is in control.

19 comments:

  1. You will be in my prayers. I will be in the Orlando area next week, can I come up and pray with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the news. We are praying for Curt and all of you. I love your last line of the post - "God is in control." Praise the Lord that He is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you both and wish we were there with you right now. Soon! Praying,praying. What would we do without the Lord?

    Grayson & Cori

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you uncle Curt!!!

    Levi and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Curt,

    You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

    Randy and Melodee

    ReplyDelete
  6. God IS in control!! Praying for you Curt and you too Linda. Love you guys. Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Curt and Linda, This afternoon my co-volunteer at the charity shop here in Fruita, CO, was rushed to the hospital with a brain aneurysm. Tonight, I decide to bid on a Greg Long Cd (Jesus Saves) on ebay and for some reason, I feel compelled to Google "Greg Long." I discover his website and find your link. I click onto your blog and read about Greg having cancer. I AM SHOCKED AND SADDENED. Your son's voice inspired my spirit several times when I was first born again (especially, We Love You Jesus). After not hearing anything new from Greg, I decided to search for him online. I actually called one of your other sons and then I called you, Linda! You were so kind to me and told me that Greg was on his honeymoon! I was so happy to hear that God blessed Greg with a wife. I do not know if he is now a father. I am feeling overwhelmed at this very moment. I WILL PRAY WHOLEHEARTEDLY in a few minutes as it is getting late and I need to sleep. I love your son's gift of music and I wish I could have told him (sent a fan email to him) how much his music has meant to me. If I can send a card to him, please let me know how. GOD LOVES YOU ALL! May Greg get through this battle successfully. My blessings always, Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love you Uncle Curt!
    Leif and Natalie and Kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying for Curt and the entire Long family. You have touched so many lives... and we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love both of y'all and are praying for you. God will strengthen, cover, and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers from Wisconsin for Linda and Curt. We love you and are truly blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Linda and Curt (and family) you are ALL in our prayers. Love, Manuel and Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi to Curt, Linda and family, I know we have spoken a few times each day but you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Rachel just opened a gallon of milk and it had ice in it so she said "Aunt Linda sure would like to have some of this cold milk." (We know better than to give you warmed up milk--ha) Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning--me again. Today we celebrate Thanksgiving and one of the biggest things we can be thankful for is that we have Jesus!! I'm thinking of the times in our lives when facing things that were not easy and we didn't know what to do, you, Linda, would say "We'll just Trust God". That is what we are doing for you again today. May the Lord bless and keep you. All our love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Curt, Linda, Greg, Janna and the entire Long Family ~ I am praying for each of you that God will fill you with His peace, joy, love and healing!!!

    Please let me know if you need anything...

    Much love ~ Dina

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you both. You have no idea perhaps the influence you had on me rededicating my life to Christ in college. Linda, you have been part of my life always, and Curt was the most handsome guy I'd ever seen, I thought. We will be praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to post last night but I may not have the hang of this yet. Woke this morning with you on my mind...praying for you. I feel such comfort in knowing that you are circled in prayer by so many that love you. God is bigger than this cancer! We love you,
    Jeff & Shirley

    ReplyDelete